About Us

St. Anthony Hospital

Since its inception in 1901, St. Anthony Hospital and the Sisters of St. Francis have provided Pendleton and area residents with high-quality health care. In 1901 Mother Mary Stanislaus determined that the best way to accomplish this goal was to build a hospital. Along with an $8,000 contribution from local patrons and funds from the Sisters of St. Francis, a new $75,000, 40-bed hospital was built and dedicated in 1902. From that time forward, St. Anthony Hospital has striven to provide the best health care services in the area.

There have been many changes throughout the years, including four major structural additions and the demolition of the original hospital in 1962. Today, the community has a new St. Anthony Hospital in Pendleton’s Southgate offering services that use state-of-the-art equipment. We are proud to offer a dedicated and skilled nursing and technical staff, along with an expanded emergency department that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.