Call to artists
Thursday, August 30, 2012
For more information, contact: Larry Blanc
St. Anthony Hospital is a 25 bed critical access hospital that has been serving the healthcare needs of Pendleton and surrounding communities for 111 years. Today, the hospital has launched the most ambitious project in history-the construction of a new, state-of-the-art replacement facility on 93 acres owned by the hospital in Pendleton's Southgate Neighborhood on highway 395. The new hospital will continue to be a critical access hospital licensed for 25 beds. Groundbreaking occurred on May 30, 2012 and the new hospital is scheduled to be open and ready to care for patients in the fall of 2013.
Art submissions must be appropriate for the healing and calming healthcare environment and will be considered in the following mediums:
Sculpture: 2’ minimum height for indoor installation
Paintings/Other Mixed Media – 16" x 16" minimum size
Art Glass – Cast, Fused or Blown
Original Northwest Nature Photography
All qualified submissions must be sent to SAH Art Consultant Ginny Scalzo, at ARTERRA in Bellevue, WA. ARTERRA will review art for purchase for the new hospital and qualified submissions will be presented to the St. Anthony Hospital Art Committee for final selection.
Artists residing in Washington, Oregon or Idaho as well as artwork representative of the Pendleton Oregon and surrounding region. Existing art will be considered for purchase and/or artist selected may be commissioned to create art for the new hospital.
Submission format should include:
- All submissions should be sent on a CD in JPEG format.
- Digital file size of each image should be 300 dpi, (no more than .5 MB each) on a CD only. Include your name, title, medium and art size on each image. Also include a separate printed page of thumbnails for all submitted entries.
- A professional bio and/or artist statement about the artwork submitted.
- Each artist may submit up to 15 images for review.
- A retail price list of available art.
- All submittals must include a self- addressed stamped envelope for return of all images. Submissions received without a self-addressed stamped envelope will be discarded after review process. Although care will be exercised in the treatment of the information received, ARTERRA is not held responsible for any damage or loss of submitted materials held for review. Do not send registered or certified mail. No images may be submitted electronically.
- Artists of interest will be contacted by Art Consultant Ginny Scalzo, ARTERRA. Please include full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and day and evening phone number.
- All submittals must be received by September 24, 2012.
Thank you in advance for your submission. All artists of interest will be contacted by ARTERRA. All selected or commissioned art will be purchased by ARTERRA for St. Anthony Hospital.
Submit images c/o:
1750 124th Avenue NE, Suite A
Bellevue, WA 98005