In May of 2012, St. Anthony Hospital celebrated a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a new, modern replacement hospital on 93 acres of land owned by the hospital in Pendleton's Southgate. The former hospital complex served Pendleton and surrounding communities well since its original structure was built in 1902. It became clear that continued renovation of these old buildings was neither financially prudent nor operationally and technologically feasible.
On December 20, 2013, the new CHI St. Anthony Hospital was opened. The new hospital was designed specifically to ensure that our physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals can continue to provide extraordinary care for our patients. The new 103,000-square-foot hospital features 4 operating rooms, 11 emergency rooms, 30 private patent rooms and the latest medical equipment. In our new location, St. Anthony Hospital has plenty of room to grow as needed by the community and will continue to provide the safest quality of care possible.